If you’re checking out this page then chances are, you’re here to learn more about product management and learn how to break into a product role.
You might have had a few questions at the top of your mind such as:
- How am I supposed to break into product management without any prior experience?
- I come from a totally different / non-related industry; is it still possible to get any interviews or even land a product manager job?
- I like my company, but I’m tired of my role so how do I transition internally into a product role?
- I somehow got a product role but I have no idea what I’m doing. How do I become a better product manager?
If any of the above questions / doubts resonate with you, have no fear! I was in a very similar place as you a few years ago when I was working in finance and wanted to transition into product management.
I spent months reading scattered resources all around the web and talking with countless PMs before I managed to land my first few interviews and eventually my first product management offer. After I transitioned into my product role, I got a ton of inbound cold e-mails asking about my transition and I realized that many people were going through a very similar process that I had to struggle through.
Before you get started, I would highly recommend you subscribe below to get a free copy of our 60-page PM Handbook as well as our mega-popular weekly newsletter featuring the latest top product articles.
Our free PM Handbook contains interviews with top product managers in the industry who share their valuable insider advice around breaking into product management as well as deconstruct what they do in their day-to-day functions.
Our free weekly newsletter is carefully curated by our entire team and contains the week’s best product reads (covering a variety of topics that help you become a better product manager) as well as product jobs. It’s read by thousands of passionate product people around the world from over 500+ companies including small startups to the world’s largest organizations like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Linkedin, Pinterest, Twitter, Slack, etc…
See you on the flip side, my friend.
Join 18,000+ Product People and Get a Free Copy of The PM Handbook and our Weekly Product Reads Newsletter
Subscribe to get:
- A free copy of the PM Handbook (60-page handbook featuring in-depth interviews with product managers at Google, Facebook, Twitter, and more)
- Weekly Product Reads (curated newsletter of weekly top product reads)
Below are a few of our most popular articles to get you started. After checking them out, if you’re serious about breaking into product management or becoming a better PM, check out our One Week Product Manager course or our PM community.
About Product Management:
- What is a Product Manager?
- Day in the Life of a Product Manager
- Product Manager vs. Project Manager
- Product Manager vs. Product Marketing Manager
- Who does a Product Manager Work With?
- Do Product Managers Need a Technical Background?
- Should You be a Product Manager?
Product Management Recruiting / Interviewing:
- How to Get a Job as a Product Manager
- Product Manager Interview: The Product Design Question
- Product Manager Interview: The Favorite Product Question
- Product Manager Interview: Create a New Product
- Product Manager Interview: Prioritization Question
On the Job:
- Top 5 Steps to Ramping Up As a New Product Manager
- What is a Product Roadmap?
- What is the Waterfall Methodology?
- What is the Agile Methodology?
- What is a Wireframe?
- Maintaining a Product After Launch
- An Introduction to the Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- 6 Types of Products That PMs Manage
- Agile Estimation: Sizing Stories
- How to Work with Stakeholders as a PM
- Are We Product Managers or Problem Managers?
- 19 Lessons I Learned During My First Year as a Product Manager
- How I Got Hooked on Product Management
- 30 Questions to Determine if the Product Manager Job is Right For You