Study 5 hours/week to finish in 10 weeks
Enjoy videos and updated course material for a lifetime
Capstone Project: 100 video lessons + assignments + quizzes
The Struggle: Why YOU Should Take This Course?
Early in your career, you can end up wasting months trying to learn more data skills to break into a data product role. Despite all of your hard work, you’ll always feel lost because:
- You lack a formal background in computer science or software engineering.
- The courses and bootcamps offered in the tech industry are either too technical and jargon-filled, or lacked the sufficient depth.
- You don’t confident that learning how to code and building a career in software engineering is right for you. Instead, you love the cross-functional skills that came with data product management.
- You don’t have insider tips nor the right technical resources on how to stand out as a candidate in data PM interviews
To become more data-centric, we went down the rabbithole to understand what it takes to build successful data products from the inside out. We interviewed thought-leaders within the industry. We learned the behaviors and habits of successful data product managers. Empowered with this knowledge, we created the Data Product Manager course so that no one else had to go through the painful experience that so many go through to become more data-oriented and land their first product manager role.
What are you going to get from this course?
- Over 100+ lectures, 15+ hours of content, 10+ downloadable Data PM templates, and exclusive interviews (more added over time) with data product managers in the industry.
- Apply fundamentals learned from this course to your own PM project every day.
- Learn the process of answering the most popular Data PM interview questions in order to stand out as a DPM candidate.
- Earn an official certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
- PHQ is 100% committed to adding more BONUS course content and interviews with product leaders over time. You’ll also get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all future content!
- Access to the world’s first and largest Product Manager Slack community where you can meet, chat with, and learn from over 9,000+ product people around the globe. The community also features the world’s top product leaders like Ken Norton (Product Partner, Google Ventures), Punit Soni (Chief Product Officer of Flipkart & Advisor to Google), Josh Elman (Partner at Greylock Partners), Ellen Chisa (VP of Product at Lola), Brandon Chu (Senior Product Manager at Shopify), Lulu Cheng (Product Manager at Pinterest), Jess Lee (Former CEO of Polyvore), Nir Eyal (Author of Hooked), and others in our community for regular Q&A sessions.
Dhaval Bhatt is a Product Management Leader who has spent 16 years as an engineer, founder, and product management leader. He previously founded an artificial intelligence company that won the IBM Global Entrepreneur Award, Google Spark Award, NVIDIA AI Inception Award, Strata-Hadoop Featured Data Startup, and Orielly Intel Featured AI startup before being acquired by the Berkeley Data Science Group. He’s been a Sr. Product Owner for Data and Growth / Acquisition at Lifelock and he’s currently a Product Manager at Microsoft. He’s also an Instructor at UC Berkeley leading their immersive Data Science program.
Enroll in the Data Product Manager Certification Course Today
Earn Your Certification
How To Get Your Data PM Certificate?
Module 1 - What is Data Product Management?
Module 2: Data-Inspired Product Design
Data PM Bonus Incentive Content
Module 3: Business Models & Metrics
Module 4: Data-Inspired Market Research
Module 5: Product Segmentation
Module 6: Qualitative Data
Module 7: Data Foundations Using SQL - Setting Up The Environment
Module 8: Data Foundations Using SQL - Getting Started With SQL Queries
Module 9: SQL For Statistics
Module 10: Data Modeling
Module 12: Data Platform Product Management
Module 13: Installing Data Pipeline in Cloud (Optional But High-Value If You are in the Data PM Role))
Data Engineering Best Practices
Module 14: Experimentation
Module 15: Data PM Hands-on Lab
This course has no prerequisites and you do not need a data or technical background
- You should NOT take this course if:
- You are already an experienced data product manager
- You aren’t willing to spend 30 minutes to 1 hour every day for only 3 weeks to complete course content and work on your PM project
- You SHOULD take this course if:
- You are curious about data product management and want to learn more about the role and responsibilities
- You have no prior experience and you want to transition into a Data Product Management role
- You are trying to determine if the Data PM role is right for you
- You are beginning your career in tech or are making a career change
Enroll in Data Product Manager Certification Course Today
Our Alumni Work at These Companies
Sample Course Video Screenshots:
Frequently Asked Questions
+ - What is Product HQ?
Product HQ is an independent PM community and certification center. Our community consists of some of the best established and upcoming product managers from around the world.
PHQ organizes and administers the PHQ Product Manager Certification program. This online course helps candidates develop a high-level understanding of PM fundamentals and prepares them for a career as a product manager.
Major publications such as Forbes, Product Hunt, Huffington Post, AlphaUX, and Mattermark have extensively covered our work. PHQ also stands out as one of the top PM communities in the world, with global sponsors including Facebook, TechCrunch, Hired, SaaStr, Notion, Amplitude, and more.
+ - What is a data product management course?
A data product management credential is given to candidates who successfully complete the data product management certification course. These courses provide candidates with detailed coverage of the ins and outs of product management, paying particular attention to the frameworks, strategies, techniques, and skills associated with proper data product management and its implementation.
+ - How much does a data product manager make a year?
According to June 2022 Glassdoor report, the average yearly salary of a data product manager is $112,704.
There are a series of factors that influence the exact amount that a data product manager earns. These include the specific salary package at a company, the professional’s level of experience, and their academic qualifications.
PM professionals with a data product management certificate such as PHQ’s Data PM Certification have a greater chance to reach or exceed the national average salary.
+ - What is the PHQ Data PM Certification?
The Data PM Certification by Product HQ is a certification course that teaches PM fundamentals and takes you through the process of becoming a professional data product manager.
In this course, you learn about the skills a modern data PM professional needs to succeed in the industry as well as how to develop, launch, and market a successful data product. You also find out how to market yourself as a viable applicant for data product manager roles and land a job as a data PM.
+ - How long does it take to complete PHQ Certification courses?
Just like all of PHQ’s courses, there is no set timeline or deadline to finish the course. Candidates are free to learn at their own pace. That said, the course is structured in such a way that if you dedicate two (2) hours a day to the course, you should be able to complete it within one (1) month.
+ - How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling, you have free lifetime access to all of the content in the course for as long as you like across any and all devices you own.
+ - What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
SHOW LESS SHOW MORE