Study 3 hours/week to finish in one month
Enjoy videos and updated course material for a lifetime
70 video lessons + assignments + quizzes
The Struggle: Why YOU Should Take This Course?
Early in your product management career, you can end up wasting months trying to learn more skills to break into a product manager role. Despite all of your hard work, you’ll always feel lost because:
- You lack a formal background in product management or you’re coming from a different industry.
- You have no idea what product management entails nor what skills are required.
- You have no time nor guidance to figure out what resources you should be focused on learning from.
- You aren’t sure if the product manager role is a good fit for you.
- You have no idea how to answer product manager interview questions.
- You don’t have the insider tips on how to stand out as a candidate.
After years of interviewing product managers and coaching dozens on how to break into product management, we decided it was time to create the Product Manager course so that no one else had to go through the painful experience that so many go through to land their first job as a product manager.
What are you going to get from this course?
Over 70+ lectures, 6+ hours of content, 5+ downloadable Product Manager templates, and exclusive interviews (more added over time) with product managers in the industry.
- Apply fundamentals learned from this course to your own PM project every day.
- Access to downloadable templates used by actual Product Managers on the job.
- Learn the process of answering the most popular PM interview questions in order to stand out as a PM candidate.
- Earn an official certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
- PHQ is 100% committed to adding more BONUS course content and interviews with product leaders over time. You’ll also get FREE LIFETIME ACCESS to all future content!
- Access to the world’s first and largest Product Manager Slack community where you can meet, chat with, and learn from over 9,000+ product people around the globe. The community also features the world’s top product leaders like Ken Norton (Product Partner, Google Ventures), Punit Soni (Chief Product Officer of Flipkart & Advisor to Google), Josh Elman (Partner at Greylock Partners), Ellen Chisa (VP of Product at Lola), Brandon Chu (Senior Product Manager at Shopify), Lulu Cheng (Product Manager at Pinterest), Jess Lee (Former CEO of Polyvore), Nir Eyal (Author of Hooked), and others in our community for regular Q&A sessions.
Dhaval Bhatt is a Product Management Leader who has spent 16 years as an engineer, founder, and product management leader. He previously founded an artificial intelligence company that won the IBM Global Entrepreneur Award, Google Spark Award, NVIDIA AI Inception Award, Strata-Hadoop Featured Data Startup, and Orielly Intel Featured AI startup before being acquired by the Berkeley Data Science Group. He’s been a Sr. Product Owner for Data and Growth / Acquisition at Lifelock and he’s currently a Product Manager at Microsoft. He’s also an Instructor at UC Berkeley leading their immersive Data Science program.
Enroll in Product Manager Certification Course Today
Earn Your Certification
Module 1 - Goals
Module 2 - Users
Module 3 - Impact
Module 4 - Define Success
Module 5 - Ideation and Validation
Module 6 - Negotiate
Module 7 - Go
Your Product Manager Certificate
Module 8 - Product Manager Interviewing and Recruiting
- This course has no prerequisites and you do not need a technical background.
- You should NOT take this course if:
- You are already an experienced product manager
- You aren’t willing to spend 30 minutes to 1 hour every day for a month to complete course content and work on your PM project
- You SHOULD take this course if:
- You are curious about product management and want to learn more about the role and responsibilities
- You have no prior experience and you want to transition into a Product Management role
- You are trying to determine if the PM role is right for you
- You are beginning your career in tech or are making a career change
Enroll in Product Manager Certification Course Today
Our Alumni Work at These Companies
Sample Course Video Screenshots:
Frequently Asked Questions
+ - What is Product HQ?
Product HQ is an independent PM community and certification center. Our community consists of some of the best established and upcoming product managers from around the world.
PHQ organizes and administers the PHQ Product Manager Certification program. This online course helps candidates develop a high-level understanding of PM fundamentals and prepares them for a career as a product manager.
Major publications such as Forbes, Product Hunt, Huffington Post, AlphaUX, and Mattermark have extensively covered our work. PHQ also stands out as one of the top PM communities in the world, with global sponsors including Facebook, TechCrunch, Hired, SaaStr, Notion, Amplitude, and more.
+ - What are product management certification courses?
Product management certifications are credentials given to candidates who successfully complete a product management course with the knowledge of what product management is, the prime principles and practices of product management, and their implementation. Unfortunately, there was a clear lack of bona fide certification in the product management sphere, especially when it came to providing vocational training on how to operate as a modern product manager.
To address this issue, Product HQ hosts the PHQ Technical PM Certification which provides all the theoretical technical PM knowledge, while also teaching software product roadmap development and strategic management techniques.
+ - How much does a product manager make a year?
According to June 2022 Glassdoor report, the average yearly salary of a product manager is $112,970.
There are a series of factors that influence the exact amount that a product manager earns. These include the specific salary package at a company, the professional’s level of experience, and their academic qualifications.
PM professionals with a product management certificate such as PHQ’s PM Certification have a greater chance to reach or exceed the national average salary.
+ - What is the PHQ PM Certification?
The PM Certification by Product HQ is a certification course that teaches PM fundamentals and takes you through the process of becoming a professional product manager.
In this course, you learn about the skills a modern PM professional needs to succeed in the industry as well as how to develop, launch, and market a successful product. You also find out how to market yourself as a viable applicant for product manager roles and land a job as a PM.
+ - How long does it take to complete PHQ Certification courses?
Just like all of PHQ’s courses, there is no set timeline or deadline to finish the course. Candidates are free to learn at their own pace. That said, the course is structured in such a way that if you dedicate two (2) hours a day to the course, you should be able to complete it within one (1) month.
+ - How long do I have access to the course?
After enrolling, you have free lifetime access to all of the content in the course for as long as you like across any and all devices you own.
+ - What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.
SHOW LESS SHOW MORE